What is the purpose of drone_ap_command topic in pluto-ros-package?

Home Forums Drona Aviation – Drone for Education What is the purpose of drone_ap_command topic in pluto-ros-package?

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Maha Khan
      Participant

What is the purpose of drone_ap_command topic and how is it different from drone_command topic?

I’ve been working on a project which requires following of certain commands processed from camera feed ,I modified the imagepronode.cpp to extract and process the image and commands ,since that node also publishes on the drone_ap_command topic ,I tried publishing on terminal first, however the drone seems unaffected ,but accepts commands properly from drone_command topic as mentioned in the git repository , so I really am confused what the AP means in this context ,any help would be appreciated.

dronadeveloper
        Keymaster

Hi Maha
          AP means access point, ap commands are for WiFi module.

Maha Khan
          Participant

Thank you for the clarification, but after publishing rostopic pub /drone_ap_command plutodrone/PlutoMsgAP “{rcRoll: 1500, rcPitch: 1500, rcYaw: 1500, rcThrottle: 1000}” on the terminal after connection to the wifi camera module, the drone shows no response of arming,what am I doing wrong?

ApurvaD
            Participant

Hey which ubuntu version are using ?

Maha Khan
              Participant

I’m using ubuntu 16.04 lts, it is the version supported by ROS Kinetic

ApurvaD
                Participant

The error you are getting , same i tried in Ubuntu 20.04 lts ROS neotic and it ran successful but the problem i face is “roslaunch plutoserver drone_comb.launch” im getting error in these command . other all command was successful . have you tried “roslaunch plutoserver drone_comb.launch ” this command ?

Maha Khan
                  Participant

I think you have a different issue, my roslaunch command works fine, the command you mention is used for controlling the drone via keyboard keys , have you sourced the workspace before the command and installed the joystick driver package?

Here is my output :
                    $ roslaunch plutoserver drone_comb.launch… logging to /home/ubuntu/.ros/log/dc924f1e-0e63-11ec-81b6-080027729f8f/roslaunch-ubuntu1-9858.log
                    Checking log directory for disk usage. This may take awhile.
                    Press Ctrl-C to interrupt
                    Done checking log file disk usage. Usage is <1GB.

started roslaunch server http://ubuntu1:36151/

ApurvaD
                    Participant

https://ibb.co/n3MMCXL these is the error im getting for roslaunch command

and rostopic pub /drone_ap_command plutodrone/PlutoMsgAP “{rcRoll: 1500, rcPitch: 1500, rcYaw: 1500, rcThrottle: 1000}” for these command im able to ran successfully on ros 20.04 lts ROS neotic

ApurvaD
                      Participant
                        step9

these is the error im getting for roslaunch command

and rostopic pub /drone_ap_command plutodrone/PlutoMsgAP “{rcRoll: 1500, rcPitch: 1500, rcYaw: 1500, rcThrottle: 1000}” for these command im able to ran successfully on ros 20.04 lts ROS neotic

Maha Khan
                        Participant

https://answers.ros.org/question/245967/importerror-no-module-named-rospkg-python3-solved/ look into this, might help if other suggestions didn’t work.

ApurvaD
                          Participant

Hey thankyou i reinstalled ubuntu16.04.01 lts and done set up of ROS Kinetic it work , all commands are working now maybe you should reinstall all packages if your arm command is not working

Viewing 10 reply threads
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.